I am thrilled about the abundance of recent press affirming the many benefits of massage therapy. That would indicate that more and more people will seek massage in the future for health improvement. Massage therapy has long been a popular stress and pain reliever. Massage has enhanced athletic performance , given relief during pregnancy and labor, assists with injury recovery , increases range of motion and flexibility. Massage has even been shown to help increase cells that fight cancer in breast cancer patients.
With Scientific studies affirming the many health benefits of massage we will see more people adopt this non-invasive healing art for wellness. According to the SpaFinder 2012 Spa Trend Report more hospitals will incorporate and more doctors will prescribe spa and wellness approaches.With an increase of demand for massage therapy there will be an increase in demand for massage therapists.
If you are considering massage therapy education please visit Atlanta School of Massage.The program offers a holistic, integrated approach to massage therapy and includes the following certifications:
▪ Swedish Massage & Deep Tissue Therapy Certification
▪ Neuromuscular Therapy Certification
▪ Spa Therapies Certification
▪ Reflexology Certification
▪ Seated Massage Certification
Check out the following recent articles:
Don’t Call It Pampering: Massage Wants to Be Medicine – The Wall Street Journal, March 13, 2012
• Research over the past couple of years has found that massage therapy boosts immune function in women with breast cancer, improves symptoms in children with asthma, and increases grip strength in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome.
• One study, for example, found that a single, 45-minute massage led to a small reduction in the level of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the blood, a decrease in cytokine proteins related to inflammation and allergic reactions, and a boost in white blood cells that fight infection.
How Massage Heals Sore Muscles – NY Times.com, February 6, 2012
A study, the first of its kind, has scientifically proven that massage therapy can suppress inflammation and enhance cell recovery.
Massage Benefits: Nine Healthy Reasons To Make An Appointment Today – Huffington Post, March 5, 2012
• boosts brain power and alertness
• alleviates migraine pain and frequency
• can relieve fatigue, pain, anxiety, depression and nausea in cancer patients